ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!

ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!
Forever Weekend Farm Sunset

Monday, April 9, 2012

What I did on my Spring Break


My Spring Break
March 2012
Add caption

First thing I did every morning was go stand in front of the fridge
 and stare at my Elwood pictures while the coffee perked.
Born on March 15th-this little man has me mesmerized by his sweetness.
Added extra whipped cream in my morning java!

Dingo and Tad had to have a dollop too
After all--it is Spring Break!





Every morning I walked out  to leisurely 
stand in the rays of the morning sun with my coffee.
I took special time to feed the koi bits of corn, peas and bananas. 

I cooked something not ordinary everyday!
Phyllo dough has always interested me--I found it hard to 
believe you had to brush butter on each layer. 
Here I played with phyllo dough-stuffed the turnovers with
sun dried cherry tomatoes, cheese, and caramelized onions. 
You do have to brush butter between each layer.

I picked lots of cherry tomatoes from my kitchen garden and baked them.

I read my Kindle and
Enjoyed Happy Hour every afternoon at my favorite pub--
Hammock Afternoons at Forever Weekend 

Every afternoon I laughed at Tadpole bossing the bull out back.
(Look hard and you will see Tad is in the picture barking his little butt off-look even harder and you will see all his back hairs are prickled. I tried to get a picture of him doing a back flip when the bull stamped his foot and shook his head,
 but kept getting  just blur running backwards.) 

I watered, fed, and enjoyed my flower boxes.

And my kitchen herb garden.

I fed bread and oranges to the cows in the back.

I drove around the property with Joe.

Tad leads the golf cart--I loved watching him
 hunt for grasshoppers and bunnies in the grove.

The scenery at my B & B is beautiful!

I made bouquets of wild ginger and decorated my little pub.

I joined the Arbor Foundation and planted 20 new trees.

I counted the bees in my flowers-- inspired me to think about starting some bee hives.

I scouted out a potential place to put bee hives. This place is close to the orange blossoms,
but far enough away from the golf cart path.


I appreciated every view in my yard.

I watched the birds from my new swing.

I loved admiring the morning light on my palms hammock.



I got a new appreciation for Joe's new find. And I now love his new Volvo.
I enjoyed driving  with him with the sunroof open.

I planted this  new cherry tree I bought from the Arbor Foundation.

This is a volunteer spaghetti squash growing from the compost pile.



The morning sun seemed to shine a spot light
on this pileated woodpeckers' nesting site.
Every morning on my walk I called to them-and one would peek out at me.



My walking  buddies!

Tadpole spots something!

One of my new favorite feathered friends-a female painted bunting.
She is enjoying my new feeder purchased just for the small birds.
I am thrilled that the male painted buntings are showing up too!

Never did think tomato and pie sounded delicious together,
but I decided to try a new recipe and I made a tomato pie.
It was awesome--kinda like a juicy pizza!
I squeezed fresh orange & grapefruit juice every morning.
Thought about Baby Magnolia coming in June!

All in all ---
I spent my vacation quietly enjoying life's simple pleasures!
It was a wonderful week!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! Enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Great pictures! Elwood can't wait to be held by his creative G-ma!

    ReplyDelete