ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!

ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!
Forever Weekend Farm Sunset

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Congratulations, Chad!


Weekend of September 8th 2012
The Family Celebrating  Chad Ray's 
Birthday and Graduation from UCF
Brooksville, FL


Chad  Snook Fishing with Uncle Joe and Clif
 
Pine Marten Lane, Ft. Pierce
1995
Clif and Sue's House, Brooksville, FL
The Barn
The Barn and House from the front pasture.
The Cousins presented Chad
with a UCF Corn Hole Game
(painted by Sarah and Aunt Kimi)
I love you, my Sistas!-
     It is a rainy Sunday morning in Brooksville, Florida, and we have all just hugged, kissed, and lugged overnight bags and leftovers to our vehicles. For several minutes it was a tangle of arms, legs, and purses as we all crammed in Sue’s kitchen for one more sisterly embrace pulling in husbands, nieces, nephews, and Mom and Jim. We divided up once again all heading in different directions. All of us worried about each other driving home in the rain.
We all gathered this weekend to celebrate the youngest of our combined brood of children-
Chad 
the son of our youngest Sista, Suzi and her hubby, Clif. Chad graduated from UCF and celebrated his 25th birthday this weekend. What a treat to escape to the quaint country hillsides of Brooksville where we enjoyed the hospitality of Sue and Clif and honored Chad’s accomplishments.
Over the last few years we all watched as Sue and Clif built a wonderfully unique home and barn—board by board, nail by nail, tile by tile-- on six lush acres. The home site has been a work in process –years of Sue and Clif’s sweat and tears, and to see it finally finished, well… we were all very awed!. The quality of the workmanship and the comfortable design-it was paradise—and a perfect place to surround Chad with love, support and family.  And it was great to meet Chad’s school friends as far back as kindergarten. We all loved the large barn set up with darts, archery, corn hole and swings. That evening everybody gathered in Sue’s spacious kitchen to honor Chad with gifts and praises. The emotional video Sue made of Chad growing up over the years—the celebrations with his cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles and friends—well, it was a reminder to me of how important it is to make the effort to gather and take a turn at celebrating and being celebrated.
     For fifty some years the four of us sisters have been celebrating.  I like to think of our little foursome of sistas as the hub of this amazing wheel…. and oh the colorful spokes we have added!!! As we get older and our children become adults, it takes great effort and planning to pull together and celebrate. But when it is time to honor one of our own, we collect our spokes and get that wheel rolling!  We reschedule our lives and stamp that date in red on our agendas. We plan extravagant menus,  dream up surprises and gifts, budget for filling gas tanks, drive each other crazy with details, organize caravans, but,  best of all, 
we get there with arms wide open!
 I could not be more thankful to be a part of such a large, loving, and at times… crazy family.
Thank you Sistas, for keeping our wheel so strong!!!


The Four Chicklets
One of many Sister Celebrations spanning 56 years
Ruth's 5th birthday party, June 26, 1965
Our backyard 632 W. 3rd Ave. Runnemede, NJ

Easter Sunday, April 1964
After Sunday School
Egg Hunt Celebration with Pop and Nana O

 Mt. Ephraim, NJ
 Aunt Mos & Uncle Gil 's front yard
Sporting special bracelets Kimi bought in Panama
Sister Power


Honoree Chad and Nana Kay
The Hostess with the Mostess
Suzi in her new kitchen

Lots of kitchen Help to celebrate Chad!
Sarah and Chase
Before: Everyone made sure Chad had enough food !

After: That boy can clean a plate!
Kimi and Donna partner up for games!

Carly, Sarah and Uncle Joe

Aunt Ruth arrives with Uncle Kev & champagne!

Nana Kay's famous ham!

Ruth's champagne bucket!

Uncle Kev and Carly discuss game strategy!

Lots of great food!


We gathered to celebrate the last graduation of our seven children
Congratulations, Chad!!!

Kyle and Ruth!

Dart Tournament 

Archery

Chad was very good at darts!

Kimi and Donna vs Mom and Ruth

And the winners.....Donna & Kimi by 1 point!
There was dancing........

And there was dancing...........



Clif's brother Paul came from SC





It took many brains to figure the ratio for coffee in the champagne urn!


Google it

1 tblsp per 4 oz  and is it 48 coffee cups in the urn?

and .....what is this....

are there directions on the bottom....

Uncle Kev was asked...
see the concern in his eye....
 OK, has anyone read the directions....
Took an hour to figure out,
but Wow,  that Dunkin was dark and delicious!


Carly was quite the photographer!
These are photos that Carly took and they are so artsy--love that new app!



















Chad may you always know
how much you are loved!
Congratulations!!
Thanks for the opportunity for those who love you  to gather and celebrate your success!


(Chad wrote the nicest thank you note to all of us
and because this blog is a journal of our memories
I want to add it to the blog to remember how sweet  his words were years from now)

Hey everybody,
Just wanted to say thank you, again for making my 25th birthday and my graduation from UCF one of the best times I have ever had.  I have such a caring family and realize that more than ever.  Everyone's food was outstanding, my friends were so impressed, and so was I, if you noticed my plate-s.


Aunt Donna and Uncle Joe, Jerren, Pat,
 I love my dive knife, I've always had those knives that rust, Uncle Joe you know the kind I am talking about. So this is will be great!  Aunt Donna the snook you painted is unbelievable, it is so true to life. I think water color is really cool and you nailed every detail of my favorite fish just like it was laying there on the paper. I like the way it looks like you zeroed in on one in the school. I must be special. I will think about you, and the time and energy you spent, every time I look at it.


Aunt Kim, Uncle Sloan, Sarah, Ash,
My corn hole game is awesome.  I love this game and so do my friends. This one is really unique,  Aunt Kim you went above and beyond with those stripes. You could make a living selling those you know. All that you need are the different college's colors, and a craigslist account. Chase could run the business for you.  I will remember this party and all of the fun we had with mine, each time I use it in the future.  In addition, visions of you and Uncle Sloan doin the wobble will stay in my memory for a life time.  Thanks again for another great memory.


Aunt Ruth, Uncle Kevin, Carly and Kyle,
Aunt Ruth my mom said you did some bawling when you saw me in Mr. Potato head's glasses. The ones that you gave me my first birthday.  Now, 24 years later, I am still enjoying the goodies. I have the Best Buy gift card pretty much spent (in my head, at least).  I just need to get over there, to pick up the goods.  Thank you all for the money, too, it is so helpful, especially at hard times like this. Oh, and Uncle Kevin thanks for the extra beers, too. I think some of my friends didn't get the B.Y.O.B notice.


Kyle,
Your personal card really meant a lot to me. The times I remember with you have always been ones of laughing even though we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked, both growing up and even now.  But the bond is there, and it will last a lifetime. I have a lot of respect for you, where you have been, and where you are now. We are the only "young" males in this family. And so much more has been expected of us than the others, you know.  I'm here for you.  Thanks for making my party. I loved seeing you. And I am looking forward to more good times together before we are worn out.


 Nana Kay and Pop Jim,

It was a big effort for you to get over here.  Then the loud music, voices, people banging into you everywhere.  You are pretty tough. Thank you for all of the food, support, and extra sense of humor you brought to the party. My mom said you were soooo helpful. Your ham was the BEST, a real hit.  My friends really enjoyed you both.
I hope to see you both more. I am grateful for the money. You made my graduation and 25th bday great.

MOM & DAD

I wanted to thank you both for all the hard work and effort you have put forth to help me succeed through this long hard road. I could not have done it without you and i truly couldnt ask for better parents.    
     thanks and love ya!



See you all Thanksgiving (maybe) 

2 comments:

  1. Donna, in viewing your blog, I am reliving every moment of such a great celebration with our families. Sarah, Kyle, and Chase are here with me chuckling and teary eyed looking at the pictures and reading your warm expressions. It's a wonderful display of celebration, support, and unconditional love for all of us. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Love,
    Kimi, Sloan, Kyle, Sarah and Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOMMMGGG!! this is awesome. I love all of the smiling faces, everyone's photos and the dreamy effects of Carly's photography, I couldnt be everywhere but thanks to your blog Donna, I have the front row seats and the best cuts of the show. Love it. Your writing enhances everyone's personality, and had me laughing so hard. The coffee urn stuff sent me over the edge. What personalities in this family!! Paul wants to know if there are any average looking women in our family. He was shocked that we aren't just really friendly but "drop dead gorgeous" too. Thanks Paul. And thank you everyone for all you did and such sweet playful attitudes. We are so proud of this very cool family. Love you all,
    Cliff, Suzie and Chad

    ReplyDelete