ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!

ONE HAPPY Land Owner !!
Forever Weekend Farm Sunset

Monday, June 24, 2013


June 21-23 2013
Celebrating RUTH & NANA KAY's
June Birthdays at the FARM
And always celebrating when ELWOOD VISITS
 
 


Father's Day Weekend Conor was checking out the new grapefruit grove with us and discovered the most unusual caterpillars & cocoons on some of the trees' foliage. We had a good laugh as the caterpillars looked just like a bird's dropping and the cocoons were very camouflaged to look like a twig. They were defintely dining on the citrus leaves so before we set about removing them, I picked a cocoon off and set it up on the front porch table with the intentions of researching whether it was friend or foe of the grapefruit trees. The next morning the cocoon was torn open and a disfigured lifeless moth was moshed in a slimy liquid. I was disappointed and gently put my finger down to turn the poor creature over and examine it. As my finger got close, the dampened glob reached out the most fragile, sticky, black, thread-like legs and with determined hope attached itself to my finger tip. It gracefully hung on as I hoisted it out of the wetness and it immediately unfurled wrinkled wings. I walked it over to a secluded area in our front hedge and it slowly reached out and pulled itself into the foliage. And there it patiently hugged a thin twig. I checked on it for several hours until its wings took the shape of a kite tail bow fluttering gently in the humid air.  Light as a feather it let go and it seemed to catch a ride on a breeze as it floated up and out of the hedge and disappeared in the summer sky. 
(Joe tells me he believes it is a type of Monarch Butterfly-I'll take any other opinions) 

 
My Mom and Ruth drove down last weekend from Gainesville. I really enjoyed having my mom get up early and sit with me in my art/craft/sewing/reading/dog studio with our coffee Saturday morning & then out on the chicken porch Sunday morning. All was so peaceful and quiet and we got to watch the Super Moon disappear in the morning light.


Mom and Ruth were so happy that Conor, Meghan and Elwood were able to drive down from Melbourne for dinner Saturday afternoon. They had a frog chair for him and a pair of Crocs and he was just so much fun to be around-- as always!!!


I think he liked the gifts!



Come on Dad--let's sail this boat!

I guess this is what Oma considers a pond.


Or should we water the grass with this cool lizard watering can that Nana Kay and Aunt Ruth brought me.

I can water the steps......

.......or Bubby.........

or the this blade of grass.....

...or I can just sit here and look adorable!!!!




I'm very good at looking adorable!!! Ask anyone sitting on the deck!
 
Guess who entertained us for hours!!!!???





Yes, Mom has taught me to pet very gentle!


After a great grouper dinner, some folks just had to stretch out!
Another fun weekend!!!
Thanks Mom and Ruth for making the trip down. Thanks Megs, Con, and Elwood for joining us. Thanks Jerren and Pat for living 5 miles down the road---it doesn't get any better than this!!!!!
 Love making Memories!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are such great shots. You're not only a crafter, a writer, a cooker, a baker, and candlestick maker, but also a GREAT GRANDMOTHER!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete